Customer Energy Solutions
4815 Mueller Blvd.
Austin, TX 78723-3573
Saving energy and money go hand-in-hand. We can all contribute to reducing Austin’s energy demand by making simple lifestyle changes and energy-efficient home improvements. When demand decreases, we all save. Austin Energy is committed to helping our customers achieve the greatest savings possible.
Enjoy rewards and help keep energy affordable for everyone. When you become a Power Partner, you join thousands who reduce their energy use when the demand for energy spikes.
Seasonal Offer! Through January 31, Power Partner applicants can get a $75 bill credit for each eligible thermostat plus $25 annually for each thermostat that remains enrolled. Austin Energy also offers a $30 rebate for buying and installing a new smart thermostat.
How to Apply
Become a Power Partner
Power Partners help the community manage energy use on days when the need is highest. During these peak times, Austin Energy briefly adjusts enrolled smart thermostats to use less energy.
As a Power Partner, you can:
- Earn rewards for each smart thermostat you enroll
- Help lower the cost of electricity in our community
- Enhance power grid reliability during times of high community energy use
- Reduce your carbon footprint
Enjoy two ways to save with an eligible smart thermostat:
Thinking of Buying a Smart Thermostat?
Austin Energy customers qualify for a $30 rebate for each new eligible, smart thermostat installed at your home or business. Read the Eligibility tab for details.
Already Have a Smart Thermostat?
Through January 31, get a $75 bill credit for each eligible thermostat enrolled in Power Partner, plus $25 annually for each thermostat that remains enrolled.
Customers will receive their annual incentives near their enrollment anniversary date. For example, if you enrolled your thermostat in June 2023, you will receive your annual $25 incentive between June and July 2024.
Power Partner Events
Power Partner events occur on days of high community energy use or when there is an emergency. On these days, Austin Energy will initiate Power Partner events that briefly adjust your thermostat settings by up to 4 degrees. These remote adjustments help manage energy use throughout the community.
Most Power Partner events will:
- Occur for two hours between 3:00–6:00 p.m. during the summer (June 1–Sept. 30). During extreme weather circumstances, Austin Energy may conduct events outside of these windows.
- Adjust your thermostat by up to 4 degrees, which may include pre-cooling or pre-heating prior to an event to help prolong your initial comfort level. Pre-cooling and pre-heating adjust your existing thermostat setting by 2 degrees, up to 30 minutes beforehand.
- Occur on non-holiday weekdays. During extreme weather circumstances, Austin Energy may conduct events on holidays and weekends.
- Occur no more than three times per week and no more than 25 times during the year. During extreme weather circumstances, Austin Energy may conduct events up to five times per week.
You can override Power Partner events at any time by simply adjusting the temperature via your thermostat or thermostat app. Customers who wish to permanently end their participation in Power Partner events may submit a Power Partner Opt Out request.
Note: We do not recommend participating in this offering if someone in your facility is experiencing serious health problems.
Eligibility and Enrollment
To enroll as a Power Partner and qualify for the $75 bill credit, find your eligible thermostat manufacturer and model in the Eligibility tab and click the How to Enroll link. If you bought your thermostat within the last 90 days, you are also eligible for a separate $30 rebate.
Austin Energy will provide:
- A $75 bill credit for each eligible thermostat you enroll in Power Partner (see Eligibility tab for more details). The credit will appear as an “Adjustment” line item within 1-2 billing cycles after approval.
- An additional $25 annual bill credit for each eligible thermostat that remains enrolled in Power Partner.
- Customers will receive their annual incentives near their enrollment anniversary date. For example, if you enrolled your thermostat in June 2023, you will receive your annual $25 incentive between June and July 2024.
- A $30 rebate for Austin Energy customers who buy and install eligible thermostats. Thermostats are eligible for a rebate within 90 days of purchase. Apply online
- You must have an eligible thermostat.
- You must be an Austin Energy customer with a unique account number. Co-op and master-metered accounts are not eligible at this time.
- Simply replacing an already enrolled smart thermostat with a new smart thermostat in the same household is not eligible for an additional incentive.
- You must agree to a post-installation inspection by Austin Energy, if necessary.
- Existing equipment must be connected and operational.
- You must have a standard air conditioning system (split system, package unit, or heat pump).
- The heater component may be gas or electric.
- Your air conditioning equipment must be in good mechanical condition and controlled by an approved, communicating thermostat device.
- Homeowners and renters are eligible to receive the Power Partner participation bill credit. Homeowners and renters may also receive the purchase and installation rebate if they purchased and installed the thermostat.
- Landlords are only eligible for the purchase and installation rebate and are not eligible to receive the Power Partner bill credit.
- Applicants are limited to five (5) thermostats.
- You must use an eligible thermostat from the list below.
|Vendor||Thermostat Models||How to Enroll|
Trane ComfortLink Control; RCS Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat; GoControl Z-wave Thermostat; Alarm.com Smart Thermostat
|Enroll with Alarm.com|
|Amazon||Smart Thermostat||Enroll with Amazon|
|ecobee||ecobee, ecobee 3, ecobee 3 lite, ecobee 4, ecobee 5, ecobee Smart Si, ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control, ecobee Premium, ecobee Smart Thermostat Enhanced||Enroll with ecobee (pdf)|
|Emerson||Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat||Enroll with Emerson|
|Honeywell Home||Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat||Enroll with Honeywell Home|
|Lux Products||LUX/GEO, LUX KONO||Enroll with Lux|
Nest Thermostat, Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E
|Enroll with Nest|
|Pelican Wireless||TS200, TS200H, TS250, TS250H||Enroll with Pelican Wireless|
†Select thermostats must be installed by a third-party installer as part of an alarm system package.
Register your eligible device with the manufacturer.
How to Receive Your $75 Bill Credit
- Connect your thermostat to a Wi-Fi network or a networked hub in your home or business. Create your thermostat account with your thermostat manufacturer using your computer or smartphone.
- Click on the enrollment instructions for your specific device make and model, listed on the Description tab.
- Follow the instructions in the email you receive from the thermostat manufacturer to complete your application.
- If approved, you will receive confirmation by email from the thermostat manufacturer. If approved, you should receive your bill credit within 1-2 billing cycles of enrolling.
How to Apply for Your $30 Rebate
A separate $30 rebate is available to Austin Energy customers who buy and install an eligible smart thermostat. Thermostats are eligible for a rebate within 90 days of purchase. Apply online
Tips for Applying Online
- If you choose to submit the online rebate application, you will need to have all required information on hand before you start.
- You will need to complete and submit the application in a single session. You cannot save your information and start again later. Active sessions time out after one hour of inactivity.
Apply for a $30 Rebate Online
You can apply for your $30 rebate online once you purchase your eligible thermostat.
Are You Waiting For a Rebate?
Use the confirmation (enrollment) and utility account numbers to check the status of your rebate application.
Funding is limited and available only to Austin Energy customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Offerings are subject to change without notice. Rebates are not guaranteed until after Austin Energy's review and approval of the rebate application. Program guidelines include additional requirements and limitations for receiving the above rebates. Contact us for more details.