City of Austin Commitment Benefits You
Our rebates and incentives regularly empower customers like you to lower energy bills, increase indoor comfort, improve indoor air quality and reduce your environmental impact.
The City of Austin funds these energy efficiency programs, rebates and incentives to help make electricity more affordable and to encourage sustainable energy use in residential, commercial and multifamily settings.
Then, you benefit.
Your needs inspire our offerings. Our award-winning collaboration with you inspires our community. Our community inspires the nation and the world.
Energy Savings Keeps Rates Low
Austin Energy’s rates are designed to promote conservation. When customers and Austin Energy invest funds together into energy efficiency and demand reduction measures, monthly usage can decrease and the savings can begin.
Save money. Increase your comfort. Clean indoor air. Help the environment. Enjoy rebates and incentives along the way. It’s worth the investment.
- Manage your energy usage with Power Partner Thermostats and monitor it through City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care.
- Save on energy bills, improve the air quality in your home and redefine comfort through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR upgrades, rebates and financing.
- Enjoy instant savings while shopping for energy-efficient products at participating retailers.
- Install a variable-speed pool pump to save energy.
- Uncover potential energy savings through Austin Energy's commercial interactive web app available at no cost to you.
- Access rebates and discounts for small businesses to save money, energy, and water.
- Make smart energy choices with rebates for large to mid-size businesses for lighting, heating and cooling, chiller, building envelope, and more.
- Invest in energy efficiency during a new construction project and explore incentives during the planning and design phase of new buildings.
- Get more light for your money with LED high efficiency lighting rebates.
- Replace old, inefficient air conditioners and insulation to increase comfort for your residents and manage energy costs.
- Upgrade ductwork for improved air quality and air flow throughout your property while repairing leaks.
- Remember solar window screens and window replacements to keep your residents and your property comfortable.
Austin Energy Participating Contractors: Conserving Energy Together
At Austin Energy, we work closely with local trade professionals to help serve the energy-efficiency needs of our community. Our participating contractors work closely with Austin Energy and our customers on improvements to help conserve energy, save money, increase comfort and even improve indoor air quality in your home or business. Many of these participating contractors receive special training to participate in our programs and maintain quality standards.
Participating contractors also help guide customers through the application process for rebates, loans, and other incentives available from Austin Energy and Texas Gas Service as applicable.